Dr. Meredith Hansen received her Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) in Psychology with a minor in Family Studies from the University of Arizona (U of A). She went on to obtain her Master of Arts (MA) degree in Psychology and her Doctorate degree (Psy.D.) in Clinical Psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) at Alliant International University, San Diego, CA.
Dr. Hansen completed her predoctoral internships at St. Vincent de Paul Village, Harmonium Inc., and Jewish Family Services where she had the opportunity to work with a variety of populations, ages, and mental health disorders. Upon receiving her Psy.D., Dr. Hansen completed her postdoctoral work at Western Youth Services working with children and families at Orangewood Children’s Home. She then became a Program Coordinator and Clinical Supervisor for the Clinical Evaluation and Guidance Unit at Western Youth Services.
With a passion for romantic relationship success and the well-being of children, Dr. Hansen went on to complete the following certifications, furthering her expertise as a relationship and parenting specialist.
ADDITIONAL CLINICAL CERTIFICATIONS:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Externship with Susan Johnson, Ph.D.
- The Gottman Institute Specialty Leader Trainings
- Certified Leader – 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work couples program
- Certified Leader – Bringing Baby Home couples program
- University of California, Davis
- Certified Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) provider and trainer
- Neurofeedback – Othmer Method Certification
- CEO – Meredith Hansen Psychological Corporation
- The New Mom School
- Expert Speaker – Strengthening Your Marriage After Baby, How Your Marriage Changes After Baby #2
- Group Leader
- Western Youth Services
- Program Coordinator for Court Evaluation and Guidance Unit at Orangewood Children’s Home
- Clinical Supervisor